1. Swap sponsor, feature, or solo ads with other ezine publishers.
Your swaps will create a win-win situation as both you and the other publisher will successfully get profitable promotion at no cost. Swap your ads for at least three issues in a row or three solo ads for three solo ads to get the greatest results from these swaps.
2. Provide your visitors with a bonus for subscribing to your ezine such as access to your membership site, ebooks, a complimentary ad, or something else that your visitors would find to be valuable. Increase the value your visitors place on your bonuses by telling them how much they would be worth if they were to pay for them or by making them available for only a limited amount of time.
3. Write articles.
Your articles will help you to establish yourself as an expert in your field and get more of your subscribers to visit your site. Your articles can also be used as a valuable promotional tool that increases your circulation. Add a resource box that promotes your ezine or a line to your resource box that promotes your ezine in addition to your business and then get the word out about your articles. An excellent way to do this is to submit your articles to article directories, article announcement lists, and to other ezine publishers.
Also publish your articles on your site and let your visitors know that they can reprint your articles.
For a list of article directories, and announcement lists that you can submit your articles to visit:
Include this information on your site and in the email your visitors must respond to in order to begin their subscription to ensure that everyone that subscribes to your ezine is aware of this.
5. Add testimonials or endorsements for your ezine to your site. This will increase your visitors’ trust that your ezine will deliver quality information.
6. Submit your ezine to ezine directories.
Submitting your ezine to these directories will increase the number of people that subscribe to your ezine and also help you to find more people to advertise in your ezine or swap ads with.
7. Make sample issues available by autoresponder.
Pick a couple of issues that you feel best portray the type of quality content to be found in your publication, and make these issues available by autoresponder. This will help you to get more of your visitors that are unsure about what your ezine has to offer to subscribe.
8. Promote your ezine in your signature file.
Your signature file will help you to get people that you come into contact with by email to subscribe to your ezine.
If you use email to answer questions or to network with people don’t neglect your signature file as a very viable way to attract more new subscribers.
If you post your tips and advice in moderated discussion forums also use your sig file to promote your ezine. If you give beneficial, useful advice, people will be interested in subscribing to your ezine and you’ll increase your subscriptions.